Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday, August 2, 2014 ~

Initial Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation

UPDATE:  I just can't shake how *dry* this looks on my skin. My SO asked if I wanted water because he's never seen me looking PARCHED before! You might have more success if you apply this with a beauty blender, but I just prefer something that looks great with finger-application. This one is going back to Sephora.
---
Up to this point, I've mostly focused on light coverage foundations. This month, I will be doing a pretty important rotation in Southern California, so I need something matte, that doesn't require me to think about my face at all for 12-18 hour shifts. Normally, I'd say this is near impossible, but in the temperature-controlled environment of the hospital, I don't tend to get too oily or sweaty. 

I went to Sephora to swatch a few foundations, but the color match for this Tarte foundation was far superior to the others. "Light Sand" is exactly how it is described on the package - great for light, yellow-based skintones. I'd say this is good for MAC NC20-25.

Price: $38.00 for 1.7 fl oz

Click on the images below to zoom in on the ingredients:
  


Screw-top, squeeze tube.



Formula feels creamy, and almost sponge-y. It's fairly easy to spread, but dries fast.







Matte finish!

Overall thoughts: 
Price:  5/5 - $38 is pretty awesome compared to other brands I've used in the past.
Application/Feel: 5/5 - With fingers, just how I like it. Doesn't feel heavy or mask-like at all.
Coverage:  5/5 - I don't have many blemishes or marks, so this is great coverage for me with 1 light layer.
Finish:  3.5/5 - I'm still more used to a dewy finish, but the matte finish is nice looking overall. Dry spots beware! Be sure to properly moisturize.
Longevity:  5/5 - Again, for indoors, this stuff is great. Hasn't broken up on me or oxidized to a strange color. I've only had to blot 2-3x. I usually blot way more than that!!
Sensitivity:  TBA - I've only used this a couple times, so I can't say. It hasn't broken me out yet.
Scent:  None detected.

Happy Summer, everyone!

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment